Annual Gas Fireplace Inspections: Why Are They Important?
Those of us who have experienced the chill of an Ottawa winter understand how beneficial a gas fireplace can be: they’re the heart of your living room, a great place to entertain, and a wonderful way to keep yourself warm in the coldest and snowiest days of the year. Although gas fireplaces are easy to take care of and can run very cleanly, they still require maintenance through annual gas fireplace inspections. If you’re interested in learning more about annual gas fireplace inspections and why they’re essential, you’ve come to the right place!
Why Are Annual Gas Fireplace Inspections So Important?
If you take good care of your gas fireplace and you’ve never seen it breakdown before, you may be wondering why annual inspections are so important. Although gas fireplaces are generally reliable and well-running systems, they still require maintenance, cleaning, and inspections like your furnace, boiler, and air conditioner. By scheduling annual gas fireplace inspections, you’re ensuring that your fireplace is clean, working properly, and at no risk of future breakdowns. Annual gas fireplace inspections will save you stress and money on repairs in the long run.
What Happens During An Annual Gas Fireplace Inspection?
Before you book your annual gas fireplace inspection, you may have some questions about what happens during an inspection and what you should expect. When one of our experts come to your home for a gas fireplace inspection, they will:
- Inspect the exterior of your fireplace for cracks, damaged glass, built-up dirt, and foundational issues
- Inspect the interior gas ignition under the log structure to ensure it’s working properly
- Inspect your log set to ensure that it is in good condition
- Take the face of your unit off to inspect the condition of the valves and connections underneath your fireplace or insert
- Inspect your fireplace’s heat output to ensure that it is working properly and clean out any debris that may be blocking ports or vents
- Ensure that you have working carbon monoxide detectors
- Ensure that you’re aware of any repairs that your fireplace may need
- Answer any questions that you may have about your fireplace
Interested in scheduling your annual fireplace inspection?
Trust the experts at Team Harding to make sure your fireplace is working its best!
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s fireplace needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.