A new take on chicken drumsticks, this easy, no-fuss recipe can be customized by changing out the spices and BBQ sauce.
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 slices of thinly sliced bacon
- Your favourite BBQ sauce
- Prepare the chicken by cutting the skin and connective tissue off of the bone at the top of the drumstick.
- Season with salt and pepper (or the seasoning of your choice).
- Starting at the top, wrap one piece of bacon around the chicken. Make sure to tuck in the bacon ends to keep it in place during cooking.
- Smoke the lollipops in a preheated (250°F) smoker for about 2 hours. If you don’t have a favourite wood for smoking chicken, we recommend starting with apple wood.
- Remove the chicken, brush with BBQ sauce and return to the smoker at a higher temperature (300°F) to finish cooking.
- Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and the juices run clear.
- Take out of the smoker and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
With just a little bit of prep work, you can enjoy these delicious chicken drumsticks. Feel free to experiment with different seasonings, BBQ sauces and woods!
Harding The Fireplace has a number of grills to try out this recipe on!
Browse our wide selection or stop in to talk to one of our friendly sales representatives.
At Harding The Fireplace, we have over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We also have experts on hand to answer any of your questions and to help you find the perfect product for your needs.
Try these chicken drumstick lollipops the next time you’re looking for something to smoke.
If you try this recipe, let us know how they turn out on our
Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page for your chance to be featured.