Harding The Fireplace is always looking for candidates to join our team
If you think you would be a good fit with Harding please send in your CV below or browse our openings.
Harding is looking to grow their team of professional sales experts and is seeking an energetic, highly motivated self-starter with ideally both sales experience and experience in Fireplaces. The compensation structure is base salary + commission. Commissions are uncapped; your income is a direct result of your efforts.
- Previous experience in Fireplace Sales
- Understanding that administrative tasks and process is part of sales
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English, Bilingualism an asset
- Attention to detail
- An innovative team player that will work toward constant improvement
- Able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
As a Fireplace Sales Representative, you’re part of a team that helps customers make decisions that will best suit their in-home comfort needs. You will meet and/or greet with homeowners to understand their needs and look for ways Harding can help them feel confident and assured in their choice to upgrade or replace their Fireplace equipment. You educate not only customers, but also your team members about the capabilities of Harding products at the residential level. Next, you create solutions that are appropriate for your customer’s home environment by leveraging an extensive knowledge base, tapping your own experience, and collaborating with third-party providers. Finally, you work with customers to pinpoint the ideal solutions for their needs.
- At least 2 to 5 years’ experience in a competitive sales environment with proven measurable results
- In addition to technical knowledge, you have strong people and presentation skills
- Sales of Fireplace experience is a definite asset.
- The ideal candidate is a sales hunter by nature and is eager to make an impact.
- Candidate must have a reliable vehicle (no public transportation)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20,000.00 per year + Commission
Stone Veneer/Cultured Stone/Tile/Framer/Handyman
We are looking for an experienced stone and tile installer who will be responsible for finishing walls around fireplaces in homeowner occupied renovations as well as residential new home construction projects. We sell fully finished walls of stone / tile / or paint ready drywall around our new fireplace installations. We are looking for a handyman who is experienced with all of these different skills.
Measurements must be accurate and tile patterns must be precise. Experience with all types of tiles and stones and layouts is preferred. Fireplace tile surrounds can involve small mosaic tiles, hexagon tiles, or herringbone patterns. Cultured stone and Realstone veneer installation experience is required. You will need to set cultured stone, stone veneer, and tiles in patterns ranging from basic to complex. You will also have the opportunity to work with our valued customers and utilize your outstanding customer service abilities.
- Cut tiles and shape them properly to ensure they fit around obstacles and in tight corners using power and hand tools
- Align tiles and straighten them with straightedges, levels and squares to ensure patterns are even and precise
- Create decorative wall designs by laying and setting mosaic tiles, hexagon tiles, and herringbone patterns on fireplace wall surrounds
- Follow blueprints precisely and mark and measure surfaces that need to be tiled to determine how to go about jobs
- Perform quality control assessments throughout the duration of every project to ensure the completion of all work to a standard of excellence
- Assemble scaffold
- Cut and lay cultured stone and Realstone veneer
- Frame walls around fireplaces
- Drywall and taping and plastering
Job Skills and Qualifications – Required
- Ability to lift heavy materials and equipment
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience working in tile setting, masonry or a related trade
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to work in non-climate-controlled conditions (heat, cold, outdoors)
- Attention to detail and time management
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Carpentry and renovation experience a plus
Application deadline: 2021-01-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$35.00 per hour
Group Benefits: Medical and Dental Plan
Skills Requirements: Gas Fitter 2 (Minimum)
Specific Skills: Install, Troubleshoot and repair gas fireplaces
Essential Skills: Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information & Continuous learning. Management Skills, Team Building Skills.
Work Conditions: Physical demanding, Handling heavy loads, Standing for extended periods, Bending, Crouching, Kneeling, Handling heavy loads and physical demanding. Fast paced environment, Work under pressure & attention to details.
Transportation/Travel Information: Valid Driver’s License. Public transportation is not available.
Security and Safety: A Driving record check (abstract) mandatory upon hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour