Cinnamon Whiskey Grilled Chicken Recipe
Looking for a flirty, fun, and unique recipe this February? Look no further than this incredible Cinnamon Whiskey Grilled Chicken Recipe! A delicious mix of sweet, spicy, and savoury, this recipe is perfect for date night or a friends-night-in. This recipe is as easy as it is delicious, once you make this chicken once and it’ll quickly become one of your all-time favourites!
- Barbeque tongs
- Barbeque brush
- Meat thermometer
- Large saucepan
- ½ Cup of cinnamon whiskey
- ½ Cup of generic ketchup
- 1 Tsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp of white granulated sugar
- ½ Tsp of garlic powder
- ½ Tsp of onion powder
- ½ Cup of red pepper jelly
- 2 Tbsp of cider vinegar
- Barbeque seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In a saucepan, whisk together the whiskey, ketchup, cayenne, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper jelly, and cider vinegar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce to medium heat.
- Set mixture aside.
- Rub both sides of the chicken breasts with the barbeque seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Let the chicken rest.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Once the grill is preheated, place the chicken on and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken is almost done cooking, use the barbecue brush to slather the chicken with whiskey mixture.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take the chicken off the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving with the leftover whiskey sauce and your preferred choice of side.
Hungry for more delicious grilling recipes?
Check out our recipes page!
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.