Annual service is crucial for ensuring the performance and longevity of your fireplace, and it’s essential to book your fireplace maintenance appointment before the winter cold arrives.
The type of fireplace maintenance you’ll have to do will depend on the type of fireplace you have. For example, a wood burning fireplace or stove will require a comprehensive inspection and cleaning of the chimney and insert by a professional to ensure everything is safe and up to code. Similarly, a gas fireplace needs a professional annual inspection to ensure that the glass and frame is in good shape and that the ignition is in proper working order.
- Overall fireplace visual inspection
- Cleaning of the firebox and glass
- Cleaning of logs and ember reconstruction
- Inspection of burners for wear and cracks
- Clean and inspect pilot assembly
- Check over electrical components including the controls, thermostat, wall switches, etc
- Visually inspect the blower motor fan (if applicable)
- Check flame characteristics and colour
- Relight the pilot and ensure all safety functions are working properly
- Check for gas leaks around connections at the fireplace
- Ensure no carbon monoxide is escaping into your home
- Overall fireplace functions
- Full safety check
Harding The Fireplace is your go-to source for everything fireplace related, and we take pride in offering the best fireplace selection in the Ottawa area. Whether you’re in the market for a new gas, wood or electric fireplace—we’ve got all your needs covered this winter.