Foil Pack Chocolate Marshmallow Bananas on the Grill
Summer is almost here, which means there are more hours of daylight with each passing day that we can use to spend time outdoors, and more importantly, with our families. Cooking as a family can be a bit chaotic depending on the recipe you choose, so start with something simple and delicious like these chocolate marshmallow bananas that you can cook on the grill.
This recipe for cooking foil pack chocolate marshmallow bananas on the grill is just a starting point using our favourite toppings and ingredients. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it completely and include all of your favourite toppings and ingredients.
Serves 4, but you can easily add to the ingredients as you see fit.
- 4 large ripe, firm bananas unpeeled
- 5 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons of mini marshmallows (or regular marshmallows chopped up)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans or walnuts
- ¼ cup of caramel sauce
- Preheat your grill to roughly 350°F.
- Cut 4 sheets of heavy-duty tinfoil that are roughly 12” long.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit down the middle of each banana on the concave side, but be careful not to cut through the peel on the convex side.
- Carefully open up the slit in each banana to form a pocket for your toppings.
- Place each banana on a sheet of tinfoil and add the chocolate chips, marshmallows and chopped nuts.
- Once you are happy with the amount of toppings in your banana, form the tinfoil around it into a boat shape and make sure you crimp the ends well so that the tinfoil doesn’t open up. Try to leave a bit of headspace in the tinfoil when you seal the top to keep the toppings from sticking to the foil.
- Place the tinfoil-wrapped chocolate marshmallow bananas on your grill and cook them for roughly 8-10 minutes or until the marshmallows soften.
- Remove the foil-wrapped chocolate marshmallow bananas from the grill and allow them to cool before eating.
- As they are cooling, drizzle the caramel sauce over the bananas evenly to add a final sweet touch to your already delicious dessert.
Break some graham crackers in half and serve them with the bananas as edible scoops.
This recipe was designed to be fun for the whole family, and the preparation is so simple even the youngest members of your family can join in on the fun! Looking for more reasons to fire up your grill? Check out our recipes page!
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.