- Posted by admin
- On May 30, 2018
- 0 Comments
- Backyard BBQ, bbq, Cocktail Recipe, Grilled Cocktails, Ottawa
Food is only half of the equation needed for a perfect backyard BBQ—you also need to think about beverages! While most people just bring out a cooler filled with drinks, you can elevate your next BBQ by presenting some grilled cocktails!
Pineapples are a wonderful fruit to grill as it can stand up to the heat.
- Cut pineapple in wedges or thick slices.
- Grill over medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning the fruit when grill marks appear.
- Let the fruit cool and use in place of fresh pineapple in a cocktail recipe or as a garnish.
Lemons and Limes take on a wonderful flavour when grilled and using sugar will add a level of caramelization that balances the natural acidity.
- Halve lemons and limes and cover the cut side with sugar.
- Grill the fruit, sugared-side down, for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.
- Let the fruit cool and squeeze into sparkling water or use wherever a cocktail recipe calls for lemon or lime.
Peaches are one of the best fruits to grill as the flavour intensifies as it caramelizes on the grill.
- Halve peaches and remove the pit but leave the skin intact.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cut side of the fruit and then grill for about 5 minutes.
- Let fruit cool and muddle. The resulting juice can be used in anything from a Bellini to Bourbon Smash.
At Harding The Fireplace, we have over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We also have experts on hand to answer any of your questions and to help you find the perfect product for your needs!