Grilled Holiday Ham
Cooking a holiday feast is no small feat, and it requires lots of preparation and organization. One problem most of us run into while making our delicious holiday dinners is running out of space in the oven. With all the side dishes, appetizers, and desserts, oven space becomes quite the hot commodity. This year why not save yourself the headache and free up some space by tossing that big holiday ham on the grill instead!
Using a new cooking method to cook a big feast can be daunting, so we’ve broken down all the steps you’ll need to make your grilled holiday ham a success. We know the holidays are all about tradition, so if you already have a marinade or rub that your family enjoys, feel free to stick with it, but if you’re looking to mix it up, give this simple recipe a try.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ of mustard
- 9 pound, fully cooked, bone-in ham
- Mix the brown sugar and mustard in a bowl until they form a paste
- Rub the mixture all over the ham until it is completely covered and massage it into the meat.
- Preheat your grill to 350°F and stabilize the temperature as much as possible.
- Place your marinated ham on a large piece of tin foil and wrap it, ensuring all the edges are tight so that no juice leaks out.
- Place your wrapped ham in a disposable pan to avoid flare-ups should a leakage occur.
- Place the pan on your preheated grill and let the ham cook for roughly 2 ½ hours.
- Carefully remove the ham from the grill and let it rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Slice up some pineapple and place it on a well-oiled grill for a couple of minutes a side or until you see char marks. Serve the grilled pineapple as a side for your delicious grilled ham and really wow your family or friends this year.
Make this year’s feast one to remember with a mouth-watering grilled holiday ham.
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.