Grilled Pizza Recipe
Grilled Pizza is a great way to get the whole family involved when making dinner, with everyone choosing their own toppings to customize it to their preferences—plus, it’s also one of the best ways to get a crisp crust and super melty toppings.
BBQ Grilled Pizza
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough
- Your favourite cheese (we suggest mozzarella)
- Variety of pizza toppings (pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, grilled chicken)
- Pureed tomatoes or pesto sauce
- Olive oil
- Clean grill and preheat to 450°F.
- Oil your grill top to keep the crust from sticking. Don’t skip this step as it’s extremely important.
- Divide your dough into small pieces and begin stretching out to the desired pizza thickness.
- Once the dough is stretched, brush the tops of each pizza with olive oil and carefully place them oil side down on your grill using a spatula.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Take the pizzas off the heat and store on a plate with the cooked side facing upwards.
- Start creating! Add all of your favourite sauces, cheeses, meats and veggies to the cooked side before placing the pizzas back on the grill, topping side up.
- Lower the grill’s heat slightly and cook for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the underside of the pizzas are golden brown.
- Remove them from the grill and onto a plate, cut into slices, and enjoy.
Take a look at our grills online or stop by our retail store to speak directly with our salespeople.
Harding The Fireplace serves the grilling needs of the greater Ottawa area. Our expert staff are happy to help you find the perfect grill or accessory.
and let us know how it turns out on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.