Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe
A great substitute for beef when your craving a homemade burger is portobello mushrooms. These mushrooms have a deep, earthy flavour that can stand up well to the grill and are perfect for a meatless dinner night.
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger with Grilled Onions
– 4 large portobello mushroom caps
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 large clove of garlic – diced
– 1 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper
– 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary – chopped
– 1 teaspoon fresh thyme – chopped
– 1 red onion, sliced thickly
– Favourite burger toppings and buns
1. Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper, and fresh herbs.
3. Add the portobello mushroom caps and coat evenly. Let marinate for at least 45 minutes and stir periodically.
4. Lightly oil your grill grate. Cook mushrooms for about 7 minutes on each side. Brush with remaining marinade after every turn.
5. While the mushrooms are cooking, lightly coat the onions with olive oil and cook on the barbeque until caramelized.
6. Once everything is cooked, assemble burgers with the mushroom, grilled onions and your other favourite condiments.
Harding The Fireplace has a number of grills to try out this recipe on!
Browse our wide selection or stop in to talk to one of our friendly sales representatives.
At Harding The Fireplace, we have over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We also have experts on hand to answer any of your questions and to help you find the perfect product for your needs!