- Posted by admin
- On April 11, 2018
- 0 Comments
- bbq, Grill, Ottawa, Recipe
When many people think of BBQ meals, they imagine a nice piece of grilled steak or chicken. But almost anything you can make inside on the stovetop or oven can also be cooked on the grill. One of the best things to try on the BBQ is tacos! The best part of a grilled taco recipe is that it’s so flexible and customizable since there are no hard rules to follow—just some tips!
Utilize the Grill
You can BBQ almost all of the ingredients for your taco night:
- Warm up the tortillas before serving by lightly grilling both sides. You can use store-bought or homemade flour or corn tortillas for your taco shells.
- Making salsa? Grill the onions and tomatoes before chopping to add an extra depth of flavour.
- Before mixing all the ingredients for a homemade guacamole—cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, oil and grill face-down for about 5 minutes.
- Ever tried grilled limes? For the taco garnish, cut limes in half and grill until those signature grill marks appear.
Choose a Main Filling
There’s a lot of things to put in tacos—from salsa and guacamole to slaw and cheese—so you only need one main filling. You can choose beef, chicken, pork, fish or even a vegetarian option like portobello mushrooms or cauliflower. Because you’ll have so many other fillings, you can cut down on the amount of meat (or vegetables) you’ll need by half!
For a limited time, you can save up to $500 on a qualifying Napoleon OASIS built-in grill!
At Harding The Fireplace, we have over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We also have experts on hand to answer any of your questions and to help you find the perfect product for your needs!