- Posted by admin
- On July 18, 2018
- 0 Comments
- BBQ Recipe, Charcoal, Grill, Grilling
Everyone loves the excitement of getting a new grill, but it’s important to properly season and clean stainless steel cooking grids before using for the first time. Seasoning is the simple process of oiling and heating the cooking grids, helping to protect them from corrosion and keeping your grill working at a high level for years to come.
How to Season Stainless Steel Cooking Grids:
1. Before firing up your grill for the first time, remove the cooking grids and wash them using water and a mild soap. Make sure to rinse and dry the grids immediately after washing.
2. Preheat your grill and season your stainless steel cooking grids by carefully—and evenly—applying oil to both sides with a silicone brush. It’s best to use a high-heat cooking oil like canola oil, vegetable oil, peanut oil or melted Crisco. Wipe off any excess oil with a paper towel.
3. Continue preheating the grill until you’re ready to start cooking, as this will complete the process and protect the surface of your grids while ensuring optimal cooking performance.
For the best grilling experience and results, it’s best to season your cooking grids before every use.
How to Keep Grill Grids Clean:
1. It’s best to clean your cooking grids while the grill is still hot, right after you’ve finished cooking and while your food is resting. Use a grill brush or wooden scraper to remove any leftover debris from your grilling session.
2. To remove any particularly stubborn stains, take a sheet of tinfoil and place it shiny side down over the stained part of the grid. Once the grill has heated up, use your grill brush or wooden scraper to scrub away the debris. You can also soak the grids in hot water, allowing you to gently scrub away any stains, but this will remove the seasoning that has been built up.
For a limited time, we are giving away a FREE wooden scraper for every BBQ purchase to ensure your grill can be kept clean!
Harding The Fireplace has over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We offer the best fireplaces, BBQs, Kamado smokers and outdoor heating options that you won’t be able to get at a big box store.
Proudly serving Ottawa and the surrounding area.