- Posted by admin
- On November 20, 2019
- 0 Comments
- BBQ Tips, Harding The Fireplace, Ottawa, Outdoor Cooking, Winter
If you’re done grilling for the season, take time to properly store your BBQ so it’s ready when the nice weather returns. To get your grill ready for the winter, give it a thorough cleaning before performing some light maintenance and putting it in storage.
- All removable parts should be cleaned with warm soapy water. Make sure to let them completely dry before putting them back in the BBQ. (Don’t forget the drip tray under the BBQ).
- Use a vinegar and water solution to wipe down the inside of the BBQ. For the outside, refer to the owner’s manual for recommended cleaning instructions.
- For propane BBQs, disconnect the tank and store somewhere safe. Remember, propane tanks should never be brought indoors.
- Remove the battery from the electronic igniter to help prevent corrosion.
- Move and store the BBQ in a covered area such as a garage or shed.
- If you don’t have any storage space available, invest in a high-quality BBQ cover that will provide adequate protection from snow.
If you plan on grilling through the winter, we still recommend covering your BBQ when not in use to keep the snow and ice off. This will make it easier to get the BBQ ready when you want to use it. Read our other helpful winter grilling tips.
Harding The Fireplace is open year-round for all your BBQ and fireplace needs.
Contact us with any questions or visit our showroom in Carp.
At Harding The Fireplace, we only sell the best products on the market. With our wide selection, we can help you choose the right grill, smoker or fireplace that will fit your specific needs and stay within your budget.