If you’re new to gas grilling, there are a few things you should know before you get started.
Safe Way to Turn On the Grill
To safely turn on a gas grill:
- Raise the lid. You never want to start a gas grill with the lid closed.
- Turn on the gas at the propane tank or natural gas supply line.
- Turn on one of the gas burners on the grill.
- Press the auto light or ignition button.
Proper Way to Turn Off the Grill
When you’re done grilling:
- Turn all of the burner control knobs (including things like the side burner) to the off position.
- Turn off the valve on the top of the propane tank or natural gas supply line.
Warm Up the Grill
Turn the grill on about 10 or 15 minutes before cooking to allow the grill to heat up. This will help ensure that you get the perfect sear on your food!
Direct and Indirect Heat
A gas grill allows you to easily cook over direct or indirect heat. Set up different cooking zones on your grill by simply turning on or off certain burners. Learn more about cooking over direct and indirect heat.
Regularly Clean the Grill
To keep your grill in the best condition, make sure to clean it after each use and keep it maintained. Read some tips about grill maintenance.
If you’d like to upgrade your grill, Harding The Fireplace has a variety of gas grills to fit your needs.