- Posted by admin
- On August 29, 2018
- 0 Comments
- BBQ Recipe, grilled chicken, Ottawa BBQ, Ottawa Recipes, Recipe
Grilling season is in full swing and now is the perfect time to try out fresh new recipes for friends and family. Delicious and easy to prepare, this Pineapple Lime Grilled Chicken recipe is a great way to put a new twist on a classic summer cookout meal.
Pineapple Lime Grilled Chicken
– 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, or 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
– 1 cup pineapple juice
– ¼ cup fresh lime juice
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 ½ tablespoons fresh oregano (or ¾ tablespoons dry oregano)
– 1 tablespoon lime zest
– 1 tablespoon salt (for salted kosher chicken, use ½ tablespoon)
– Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl. Save ¼ cup of the marinade to use for brushing on your grilled chicken while it cooks.
2. Place the chicken breasts or pieces into a glass or ceramic dish and cover with the remaining marinade, making sure all the meat is submerged. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and let the meat marinate inside the fridge for a minimum of two hours, up to 24 hours.
3. When you’re ready to cook, preheat your grill on medium heat. Once the grill is properly heated, place chicken on the grill and let cook for about six minutes. Make sure to periodically brush with the reserved marinade. After about six minutes, flip the chicken and continue grilling over medium heat until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Please note that grilling times will vary based on the type of grill and cut of meat you use.
4. Once the chicken has cooked through, remove from the grill and let it rest a few minutes before serving.
Harding The Fireplace carries a wide selection of top quality grills that are perfect for this recipe! Take a look at our grills online or stop by our retail store to speak directly with our salespeople.
Harding The Fireplace has been serving the greater Ottawa area’s grilling needs for 12 years! Our expert staff are happy to help you find the perfect grill.