Smoked Pulled Pork Recipe
There’s nothing better than a slow-cooker filled with pulled pork on a cold winter day. But, have you ever tried smoked pulled pork? This recipe is extremely easy, just remember to start the day before as you’ll be brining your pork overnight.
- 7 lbs of pork butt or shoulder
- 8 cups warm water
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Combine warm water, kosher salt and sugar in a large ziplock bag. Shake until the salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the pork to the bag, making sure that the meat is completely covered.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- When ready to smoke, get the smoker ready (200°F) with mesquite chips.
- Combine red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic powder, celery salt and brown sugar.
- Remove pork from brine and season liberally with the spice mix. Make sure to get the rub on all sides of the pork.
- Smoke for 5-6 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 145° F.
- To get skin crispy, finish the pork in the oven (300° F) for about 1 hour.
- Allow pork to cool and begin shredding.
This pulled pork can be combined with your favourite sauce and used for sandwiches, tacos, pizzas or just eaten plain!
|Winter Smoker Tip: When smoking in the winter, make sure to keep the smoker closed. While it’s tempting to check on your food often, every time you open the smoker, the heat escapes and it can take up to 30 minutes for the smoker to get back to the proper temperature.|
Want to try this recipe? Harding The Fireplace carries
a selection of quality smokers that are perfect.
Harding The Fireplace serves the grilling and smoking needs of the greater Ottawa area. Our expert staff are always more than happy to help you find the perfect grill, smoker or accessory to step up your game.