Surf and Turf for Two
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to heat things up than by firing up the grill. This surf and turf for two recipe brings the steakhouse to you and is sure to please even the pickiest palates.
- 10 – 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of your favourite seafood season (i.e. Old Bay)
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 filet mignons (4-6oz)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
Shrimp Marinade Directions
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, white wine, shallots, lemon juice, fresh parsley, seafood seasoning, garlic, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade, toss them until they are all coated, and cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow the shrimp to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Steak Rub Directions
- Combine olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary in a bowl and stir it until it’s mixed.
- Lightly coat the steaks with the mixture, place them on a plate, and cover them with plastic wrap.
- Allow the steaks to reach room temperature.
- Turn your grill on to medium-high heat, and give it ample time to preheat.
- Place your steaks on the grill and cook them until they begin to brown and firm.
- Remove the steaks just before they reach your desired level of doneness and tent them on a plate or cutting board with tinfoil. (The steaks will continue to cook while they are tented and reabsorb all of their juices.)
- While the steaks are resting, take your shrimp out of the marinade and place them on the grill for 2-3 minutes a side.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill once they are pink and the inner meat is no longer transparent.
- Shut off your grill.
Serve you decadent surf and turf meal with grilled broccolini or peppers and grilled “baked” potatoes.
This romantic, home cooked meal is sure to impress your partner, and they’ll wonder why you ever went to a steakhouse!
Want to try out another recipe? Check out some of our other delicious grilled creations!
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.