It’s extremely important to have your fireplace serviced and inspected every year. Operating a unit that hasn’t received proper fireplace maintenance can pose a safety hazard and decrease overall home comfort.
When you book a fireplace appointment with Harding The Fireplace, a certified technician takes the time to visually inspect the whole system and then will check and clean key components.
A complete maintenance appointment includes:
- Cleaning of the firebox and glass
- Cleaning of logs and ember reconstruction
- Inspection of burners for wear and cracks
- Clean and inspect pilot assembly
- Check over electrical components including the controls, thermostat, wall switches, etc
- Visually inspect the blower motor fan (if applicable)
- Check flame characteristics and colour
- Relight the pilot and ensure all safety functions are working properly
- Check for gas leaks around connections to the fireplace
- Ensure no carbon monoxide is escaping into your home
- Overall fireplace functionality
- Full safety check
If you have a gas fireplace, it’s important to have it professionally inspected every year. Harding The Fireplace has the experience and knowledge to provide homeowners with comprehensive fireplace maintenance services.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment:
With over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom, Harding The Fireplace is your destination for everything relating to fireplaces, outdoor heat options and BBQs in the Ottawa area.