- Posted by admin
- On January 8, 2020
- 0 Comments
- BBQ Recipe, BBQ Tips, Grilling, Harding The Fireplace, Ottawa, Outdoor Cooking
If you’re like most people in Ottawa, you don’t let the cold and snow stop you from grilling. If you’re looking for something new to try on the BBQ, why not give grilled vegetables a go and use them in salads, soups and sandwiches!
Tips for Grilling Vegetables:
- The larger the vegetable size, the longer it will take to grill. Make sure you’re slicing vegetables thick enough that they’ll hold up on the grill (and not fall through the grates) but thin enough that it will cook through before burning.
- Some vegetables, like potatoes, will benefit from parboiling. Bring a pot of water and potatoes to a boil and let them simmer for just a few minutes before draining and grilling.
- Brush vegetables with oil or marinade before grilling. If you’re unsure what to use, Italian dressing is always a good option to add some flavour.
How to Use Grilled Vegetables
Substitute grilled vegetables anywhere you would use raw, roasted or sautéed vegetables:
- Use grilled tomatoes in a homemade vegetable/tomato soup, as part of a pasta or on a salad.
- Use slices of grilled eggplant on a sandwich instead of the usual pickled eggplant.
- Grilled red onion can be incredibly sweet and complement a fresh, green or pasta salad.
- Grilled mushrooms add depth of flavour when making creamy mushroom soup.
- Make a mixed vegetable platter as a side or a main dish for dinner.
Just because it’s winter, doesn’t mean you have to stop grilling!
Grilled vegetables develop a deep flavour that really can’t be replicated by roasting or sautéing. Try your hand at grilling some hearty vegetables on a new BBQ from Harding The Fireplace!
Browse our wide selection or stop in to talk to one of our friendly sales representatives.
At Harding The Fireplace, we have over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom space devoted to fireplaces and BBQs. We also have experts on hand to answer any of your questions and to help you find the perfect product for your needs.