- Posted by admin
- On October 17, 2018
- 0 Comments
- bbq, BBQ Tips, Grill, Grills, Tips, Winter
Now that summer is officially over and homeowners are busy enjoying fun fall activities, it can be easy to forget about important maintenance tasks that are needed to prepare for winter. However, the snow will be here before you know it, so make sure you’re prepared and ensure you winterize your grill before the cold weather comes. It’s especially important to properly clean your grill before storing it for the winter.
Clean Your Grill
- To clean your grill, take out any removable parts and wash them with warm and soapy water. Let them dry completely before putting them back.
- Scrape the inside of the drip tray with a grill brush to dislodge any debris.
- Take the tray out and clean it thoroughly before giving the inside of your grill a spray with grill cleaner.
- Wipe down the inside of the barbeque with a vinegar and water solution when winterizing your grill. Use a special stainless steel cleaner for the outside of stainless steel grills.
Basic Cold Weather Maintenance
- If you don’t plan on using your propane grill during the winter, you should disconnect the propane tank and store it somewhere safe, but never indoors.
- A good tip as you winterize your grill is to remove the battery from the electronic igniter so it doesn’t corrode over the winter.
- Many people don’t have enough storage space available, so it’s essential to properly cover and store a grill that will be left outside for the winter.
- Invest in a high-quality cover that will stay in place during high winds and provide adequate protection from snow.
As you get ready to winterize your grill, it’s also a good time to assess its condition. A benefit to upgrading to a new grill at the end of the season is that you can find incredible deals. Currently, we’re clearing out our 2018 stock during our End of Season BBQ Clearout.
Stop by our showroom to see our selection of grills and BBQs.
Harding The Fireplace is the Ottawa region’s number one source for everything grill related. From built-in-grills to kamado smokers – we’ve got all your grilling needs covered.